In the East, there is a soaring dragon.
在東方有一個巨龍的民族
In the East, there is a nation of dragons.
在東方有橫撇豎捺的方塊字
In the east, there are square characters with horizontal strokes and vertical strokes.
在東方大寫的方塊字里
In the capitalized Chinese characters,
讓我們和世界一起讀中國
let us read China together with the world.
我們讀中國
We read China
用祖先鉆木的火種
With the fire kindled by our ancestors through drilling wood,
照亮華夏文明生生不息的長河
we illuminate the endless long river of Chinese civilization.
我們讀中國
We read China
沿著甲骨文滄桑的紋理
Following the vicissitudes of oracle bone inscriptions,
駕馭歷史的長車縱橫阡陌
we drive the long carriage of history and crisscross the fields.
我們讀中國
We read China
在人之初性本善的《三字經》里
in the"Three-Character Classic" which teaches that human nature is originally good at birth,
學會做人的道理
we Learn the truth of being a man
我們讀中國
We read China
在趙錢孫李周吳鄭王的《百家姓》中
in the"Hundred Family Surnames" of Zhao, Qian, Sun, Li, Zhou, Wu, Zheng and Wang,
懂得共生共存的融合
we understand the integration of coexistence.
我們讀中國
We read China
聆聽悠長的青銅編鐘
listen to the long bronze chime bells
與孔子、孟子種幾棵青柳促膝長談
and have an intimate talk with Confucius and Mencius by planting a few willows.
我們讀中國
We read China
縱觀歲月的風起云涌
observe the surging winds and clouds of the years
與李白、杜甫隔幾株老梅論潮漲潮落
and discuss the ebb and flow of tides with Li Bai and Du Fu by several old plum trees.
我們讀中國
We read China
用四大發明的奇跡
use the miracle of the four great inventions
喚醒胸口沉睡的雄獅
to wake up the sleeping lion in the chest
我們讀中國
We read China
鋪一條錦繡的絲綢之路通向世界
pave a splendid Silk Road to the world.
讓世界走進一帶一路開放的中國
Let the world enter China, where the Belt and Road are open.
我們在誰言寸草心 報得三春暉的唐詩里
In the Tang poetry of"Who says an inch of grass can repay the radiance of spring"
讀感恩的中國
We read a grateful China
我們在但愿人長久千里共嬋娟的宋詞里
In Song Ci which We hope that people can live together for a long time
讀思念的中國
We read the missing China.
我們在炮火連天的硝煙里
In the midst of gunfire.
讀愴然悲壯的中國
We read the tragic China.
我們在紅旗漫卷的西風里
In the west wind where the red flag is rolling.
讀繁榮昌盛的中國
We read the prosperous China.
我們在你中有我我中有你的人類命運共同體中
In the community of human destiny where you have me and I have you.
讀擔當的中國
We read a responsible China.
我們在不忘初心、牢記使命的誓言中
In the oath of staying true to our original aspiration and keeping our mission firmly in mind
讀信念的中國
We read a China of faith.
我們在天行健 君子以自強不息中
In the saying that as heaven changes through movement, a gentleman makes unremitting efforts to perfect himself.
讀奮斗的中國
We read a striving China.
我們在我將無我不負人民的赤誠中
In the sincere words of"I will put aside my own self and live up to people's expectations."
讀奉獻的中國
We read a dedicated China
我們和長輩讀門前的老樹
We read the old tree in front of the door with our elders.
讀江上的漁火
Read the fishing fire on the river
讀老娘的白發
Read our mother's white hair.
讀讓我們淚流滿面的溫暖的中國
We read a warm China that moves us to tears.
我們和晚輩讀中華的崛起
We read about the rise of China with the younger generation.
讀復興的希望
Read the hope of revival
讀團結的力量
Read the power of unity
讀讓我們眾志成城的輝煌的中國
Read a glorious China that makes us unite as one.
讀中國啊
Reading China
你會越來越愛這片神奇的土地
you will love this magical land more and more.
讀中國
Reading China
你會越來越親這里的每一寸山河
you will be more and more close to every inch of mountains and rivers here.
讀中國
Reading China
你會想起乳名一樣的父老鄉親
you will think of the folks with the same birth names.
讀中國
Reading China
你會發自肺腑地向著東方喊
you will sincerely shout towards the east
我愛你,中國!
I love you, China!